ACCELERATE YOUR WEBSITE’S CONVERSION RATE
4 Places to Look and Rebuild with Quick Fixes
First of (at least) Two Articles
You’ve heard the old saw about someone who, “Mistakes motion for progress”. Don’t let that be you … especially when it comes to maximizing the value of your website.
The “motion” is visitors to your website … “progress” is when that traffic converts … meaning takes a desired action. Short of that, the visit is close to useless.
Our job at Third Marble is to drive pre-qualified prospect traffic to your website … the motion part of the equations. What happens next … the progress piece … is between you and your web design agency.
So in this article we’ll take a look at two of four categories of website content for you and your web designer to examine and rebuild as necessary to drive escalated visitor conversions. Next month, we’ll look at two additional categories for improvement.
First, let’s consider what constitutes a conversion. There’s no single definition. Your desired call to action – conversion – may be completing a form, subscribing to your newsletter or ideally making a purchase.
Show Your Human Side
People prefer to buy from people, not companies. Here are four sure-fire ways to feed that preference and invite calls to action by visitors to your website.
- Humanize your brand with video. Increasingly, brief informational videos are well-received by folks researching a product or service offering. It doesn’t have to be a Hollywood production … a simple video presentation on your landing pages will show there’s a real person who supports your brand.
- Offer live chat. This is a near-instant gratification tool to help answer immediate questions and move the potential customer toward a positive consideration of your offerings.
- Photos of smiling people have proven to drive significantly higher conversion rates. Additionally, don’t be shy … include a personal photo to encourage a call to action by you, a real-live person. Alert: Avoid low resolution, tacky stock photos! They will diminish the very impression you seek to enhance.
- Testimonials from satisfied customers emphasize your credibility as a trusted professional in your industry. Consider a liberal sprinkling on your product landing pages and certainly on your email opt-in for newsletters and special offers.
And be sure to spotlight consumer reviews. Studies show that buying decisions are greatly influenced by both positive and negative reviews. Likewise, include proof of social-media follower counts to impress with proof that risk is minimized and conversions are safe … demonstrate that others have gone where you have not!
Make Life Easy for Your Website Visitors
You’re exceedingly busy … and assume the same applies to your prospects. So make it easy for them to do business with you. Remove obstacles or outright roadblocks. Here are some examples that are immediate turn-offs to your website visitors.
- Minimize your web visitors’ workload when requesting info for your email opt-in form. Ask for as little information as necessary for them to receive free information they perceive to be valuable. If you must ask for numerous inputs of info, leave as many as possible optional. It will increase the likelihood of getting at least what you need … which opens the door for additional information later on. Note: Never require your prospect, soon to be customer, to fill out a registration form to make a purchase. Make the checkout hassle free.
- Make sure your web visitors can easily access everything they need to know about your product. Yes, highlight features and benefits … but always with your focus on the buyers’ primary question … WIIFM … What’s In It For Me?! While it may seem like an oversimplification, people (yes, you and me as well) buy things for one or a combination of four motivations. To:
- Save Money
- Make Money
- Save Time
- Peace of Mind
Make sure you draw the link between what you are selling and what it will do for the customer.
Your Next Steps … Drive Traffic to Your Website & Accelerate Conversions
Our job at Third Marble Marketing is to deliver proven, successful strategies to maximize the effectiveness of your Google Ads, improve your SEO strategy, feature you on Page One of Google and drive pre-qualified traffic to your website?
Of course, that’s extremely important. Equally important is to convert visitors to your website to take what you consider a valuable call to action. That’s where your web design agency becomes invaluable.
Now your choices are do-it-yourself or invest in third-party, professional SEO services and web developer assistance. It is likely that you are already wearing several hats as a business owner and ladling in yet another marketing responsibility is probably not an option.
Why not rely on both an SEO resource plus your web design agency to successfully tackle these jobs?
Third Marble is primed to be your SEO “go-to” resource. Give us a call or drop an email.
We’ll respond promptly … at no charge for initial consultation.
Attention Website Designers & Developers
Please! Ask about our unique Agency Model. Both you and your clients will win.
Need Help Getting Found Online?
Call Us Today:
Or Schedule A Call Later: