About Do It Yourself AdWords
Can you do AdWords yourself? Sure. Here are a few other things you can do yourself too:
- Cut your own hair
- Do your own taxes
- Fix your own heat pump
- Dig your own pool
We don’t discourage any business owner from trying their own AdWords campaign, but we would like you to be realistic of your time and your expertise.
Pros to DIY AdWords:
There are some definite advantages to doing AdWords yourself. Some are obvious, some are not.
- Save about $149 per month (or more) by not paying an agency to manage the account.
- Learn more about your business and what people are looking for than your competitors.
- The ability to change and pause your ads and your campaigns whenever you need – instantly.
- You’ll have more data than you can imagine about people’s search behaviors.
Cons to DIY AdWords:
Running your own AdWords campaigns isn’t impossible. We just want you to be aware of a few of the downsides:
- You risk losing a lot of money.
- You will spend hours and hours managing your own campaigns.
- You will need to spend time keeping up with all the changes to the AdWords platform.
- You may never know if you’re doing a good job since you won’t be able to benchmark your results.
We have worked with numerous companies that tried AdWords themselves. In every single case, we saved them more money than we charged as a management fee every month. In particular, here are a few of the things that we’ve seen:
- Geography not set correctly resulting in paying for click that were too far away.
- Not setting-up negative keywords properly resulting in clicks from unwanted searches.
- Being too broad in the keywords resulting in unwanted clicks.
- Not using proper ad group structures resulting in poor quality scores and expensive clicks.
- Not managing the keywords for maximum click through rates, resulting in poor converting traffic and higher click costs.
- and more…
We hope this helps.
No Frills, Just Results.
Need Help Getting Found Online?
Call Us Today:
(Open Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 ET)
Or Schedule A Call Later:
(Schedule a Time For Us To Call You.)