Website Designers in Richmond, VA
Looking for a Web Design Agency in Richmond, VA?
We work with dozens of website designers and interactive agencies in the Richmond area. We know what most of their capabilities are and can help you find a web design agency that’s right for your project.
Call us if you need help finding a trustworthy designer for you next website. We’re glad to help.
THIRD MARBLE DOES NOT BUILD WEBSITES, BUT WE KNOW WHO TO RECOMMEND.
SEE OUR TOP RECOMMENDED WEBSITE DESIGNER LIST BELOW.
What to Consider When Hiring Website Designers
When researching web design, you should be aware of a few of the tasks that affect the price of the project and the time it takes to complete the project:
- Do you really need a custom website, or will an existing theme work?
- Who will write the copy / content?
- Who will provide the images?
- Will you need logo design or other branding elements?
- How many pages will you need?
- Do you need a new website or can you just “re-theme” your current site?
- What will happen to your organic page rankings on Google?
The biggest expenses are typically related to the content, images and branding elements like logo design. If you’re starting from scratch and need your website to be well-branded, then expect to get quotes in the $5,000 to $20,000 range from most agencies. Those projects will often take 2 to 4 months to complete. That’s if you don’t need a custom theme written.
If you do need a custom theme, then add another $5000 to $10000 to the cost and another 2 to 4 months.
Side note – being without a good website for several months has a hidden cost – lost opportunity for sales and SEO rankings.
If you already have the content written for all your pages, and you have a library of images, and you have a strong logo and branding, then you can find a website designer that can transfer your content into an existing theme for around $1500 to $4000. The time to complete a project like that can take as little as 1 week, but will most likely will take about a month.
New Website Design vs. “Re-Theme”
If you already have a WordPress website, or a website built on a content management system, then we recommend a “re-theme”. Re-theming is a word we coined, and it means to keep your existing content in your content management system and simply modernize or replace your website’s theme. Why is that better? Many website designers do not include Search Engine Optimization in the project, so a new website can actually COST YOU MORE MONEY in the long run. You could lose all your current organic search engine traffic.
We get calls from people all the time saying something like “I just paid all this money for a new website and my phone stopped ringing. Why?” Well, 90% of the time, that person did not pay to have their new website re-optimized for the search engines. Since the old website typically no longer exists, there’s nothing they can do at that point and the business suffers for months or years trying to get back onto page one of Google. That website designer probably created all new page URLs and didn’t copy over all the old SEO elements from the old website because that takes time and costs money.
If you have any questions about keeping your search engine rankings after launching a new website, please call us. We would rather spend 30 minutes helping you keep your business than 3 months trying to save your business.
Our phone number is 804-638-9866. We’re open Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 ET.
Website Designers In Richmond, VA and Surrounding Areas
This is a short list of the website designers in Richmond and central Virginia that we recommend to small businesses looking for a new website.
- River City Consulting – Branding, marketing planning and webdesign. Good for small to medium businesses. Richmond, VA.
- John Drake – Website design, hosting and branding. Works mostly with small businesses. Midlothian, VA.
- Proximo Marketing – Internet marketing consulting, webdesign. Wide variety of clients. Portsmouth, VA.
- Garza Web Design – Website design. Can work on small projects or large corporate sites. Richmond,
- SLGD – WordPress website design, maintenance and digital advertising. Member-Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce since 2008. Midlothian, VA.
- Strategy Cafe – Websites with custom database solutions and content management systems. Richmond, VA.
- Axim Solutions – App development, website design, hosting. Can develop simple sites, or complex sites with custom data integration. Midlothian, VA.
- Key Web Concepts – Webdesign and SEO. Wide variety of clients and website development capabilities. Chesterfield, VA.
- Jonas Marketing – Website design. Small websites to e-commerce. Richmond, VA.
- Five19 Creative – Branding, advertising and webdesign. High-end, professional brand development. Richmond, VA.
- Digital Moxie – Internet marketing, social media and web design. Small to medium sized businesses. Virginia Beach, VA.
- ReDo Sites – Re-theming of existing websites to modern platform. Designed for SEO, fast page loads and high conversion rates. Less than $1000. Richmond, VA.
Yes, we are still open. Our employees are working from home, so please excuse unusual background noises you call us. We may not be able to answer all calls and emails as quickly as we would like. Please leave a message and be patient.
Google is working from home too. Changes to Google My Business, including review replies, are not available right now. Display Ads are taking longer than usual to get approvals. Other Google services are running normally.
Yes, people are still searching Google. Internet traffic is up over 30% according to Cloudflare. More people are online than ever before.
Food for Thought: The businesses that recovered quickly from the recession in 2008 advertised heavily during the recovery to gain market share faster. Many businesses have called us already looking to rebuild by using their PPP and EIDL loans for Google Ads and SEO.
No Frills, Just Results.
Need Help Getting Found Online?
Call Us Today:
(Open Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 ET)
Or Schedule A Call Later:
(Schedule a Time For Us To Call You.)