PPC Management Pricing Comparison Chart
This chart shows the Pay-per-Click Management Prices for Third Marble and several of our competitors, both large and small, that offer PPC Management Services to Small and Local Businesses:
|Company Description*||Platforms||Contract Type||PPC Set-up Fee||Monthly PPC Management Fee||Min. Monthly PPC Ad Spend|
|A Software Company’s “Small Business PPC Package”||Google Only||Month to Month||$0||$549||$1,000|
|A PPC Management Company’s “Low Budget PPC Service”||Google Only||3-Month Minimum||$1,495||$300||$500|
|A PPC Management Company||Google, Yahoo & Bing||12-Month Contract||$995||$250 plus 15%||$500|
|A Top SEO Company’s “PPC Management Pricing”||Google, Yahoo & Bing||Month to Month||$500||$300||$100|
|A Website Design Agency’s “PPC Management Pricing”||Google Only||Month to Month||$2,400||$500||$100|
|An Online Marketer of Local Businesses||Google, Yahoo & Bing||3-Month Minimum||$150||Hidden in “Ad Spend”||$1,000|
|A Phone Book Company’s “Local Ad Program”||Google, Yahoo & Bing||12-Month Contract||$0||Hidden in “Ad Spend”||$300|
|An Online Marketer of Local Businesses||Google, Yahoo & Bing||3-Month Minimum||$250||Hidden in “Ad Spend”||$500|
|Third Marble Marketing PPC Management||Google Only||Month to Month||$100||As Low As $119||$150|
* Sorry, but we had to remove the actual company names from this chart after someone else’s lawyers contacted us.
Why Only Google AdWords Management (not Yahoo / Bing)?
As you can see, the PPC management prices vary widely and can be confusing. If you’re looking for a small monthly budget, or just want to get started with online advertising, it doesn’t make much sense to spend money on building elaborate campaigns across multiple platforms. Google is roughly 85% of the local search engine traffic for small businesses. Why spend two to three times as much in PPC management fees to only get 10-15% more traffic?
If you spend $500 per month in clicks, paying someone another $400 / month in PPC management fees just to get you $50 to $75 more in clicks by adding Bing doesn’t make business sense. If your company is running $5000 or more per month in PPC ads, then yes, adding Bing / Yahoo to get an additional $500 to $700 in clicks can make sense. If your company needs Bing and Yahoo PPC ads, then Third Marble may not be the best choice for your company.
Why Do You Only Manage Google AdWords for Small and Local Businesses?
We tend to work with small businesses that have budgets in the $200 to $2000 per month range. (See other PPC Management Companies). Because we keep our focus on businesses that want to advertise locally, we don’t need the overhead associated with giant e-commerce or national advertisers that have thousands of locations. Agencies that manage large PPC accounts have layers of supervisors and managers that only increase the cost of managing your campaigns.
If you’re a business that only wants to spend a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars each month in PPC ads, and you choose to go with an agency that also manages much larger accounts, prepare to be the “small fish in the big pond”. Expect minimal customer service because you will not be that important to them. At Third Marble, 80% of our accounts only spend between $200 and $1000 each month in clicks. That’s our specialty.
What Should You Look Out For When Shopping PPC Management Prices?
When evaluating different company’s PPC management prices, make sure you find out how much of the click costs actually go to Google AdWords (and Bing AdCenter). Many of the larger agencies charge a flat rate each month. This raises a few questions:
- How much of your bill is actually going to the PPC ads and how much is going to the agency?
- If they can’t tell you the amount spent on clicks, the how can they possibly report the results to you? What’s your cost per click? How much did you spend on each keyword?
- What happens if you increase or decrease your budget? How much do they get then? Is it a flat rate, or a percent of spend?
- If they don’t give you the breakout of their management fees and the cost of the PPC clicks, can they show you the data from your AdWords account? It’s your data. You paid for it. But most of the time, they will not give you access to your own account.
- What happens if you want to change PPC Management companies? If they can’t show you the actual AdWords account, how can they transfer your data to your new agency?
At Third Marble, our PPC management prices are our only source of income. We enter our client’s credit card into the AdWords system so they know exactly how much they paid for the click. We are 100% transparent with our prices and all of our reporting. Other companies are not. You may pay them $1000 per month, but only $500 actually goes to pay for the ads (see our blog post), and who knows where the other $500 goes. Make sure you understand their fees.
Our reporting is very comprehensive. Even our smaller accounts get at least 15 pages of reporting every month. This includes impressions, clicks, costs and cost per click for your top keywords, ads, campaigns, ad groups, geography, time of day and day of week. If you need a custom report on a regular basis, we can even set one up for you.
Regardless of which PPC Management company you use, make sure you ask for reports detailing, at the very minimum, impressions, clicks and cost by keyword, ad group and campaign each month (and make sure it matches to your credit card statement).
Choosing a PPC Management Partner can be a challenge. Many business owners have very little experience with pay-per-click ads and are constantly bombarded with phone calls and emails telling them they aren’t on page one. (99% of those calls are total scams – they call us all the time too.) Here are a few things you should do before you sign any contract:
- Check the website for a Google Partner Badge. Click on it and make sure it’s linked to the official Google Partner database. That page say if they are in good standing with Google.
- Do a little research. Simply Google the agency’s name, city and state. Check out their online reviews. If you can’t find an address for the agency you’re considering on their website, that’s a huge red flag. If they don’t have any reviews – red flag. If they have multiple bad reviews – red flag.
- Narrow the list down to a few and make some calls. Ask the important questions (see below).
- Take notes and make the choice that’s right for your company.
Questions to ask a PPC Management Company:
- How much do you charge for PPC management? If they don’t break-out their fees from the click costs – How much goes to you and how much goes to the clicks?
- What are your set-up fees?
- What types of ads are included in your PPC management fees? Search engine ads? Remarketing ads? Display ads? Video?
- What platforms does that include? Google AdWords? Bing AdCenter? Facebook Ads? LinkedIn Ads?
- After the set-up, are there any fees for changing my PPC ads, creating news ads or making any other changes?
- If I need to pause the ads for a few months or a few weeks, can I pause at anytime and are there any charges for doing so?
- If I want to change my budget at anytime, can I? What happens if I want to go from $3000 / month down to $300 / month?
- How often do you provide reports and what data will be on your reports? (Google Partners are required a minimum reporting of once per month with at least impressions, clicks and costs actually paid to Google without commissions or mark-ups. You’d be surprised how many agencies do not report this basic information.)
- For the people doing the work on my AdWords account, what city are they in? Are they your employees, or do you outsource any or all of the PPC management work to another company or freelancers?
- How many AdWords accounts does your agency currently manage? (Most local web design agencies only manage a handful of PPC accounts and usually outsource the work to an overseas company.)
- If I choose to switch to another PPC management agency, will you transfer my AdWords (and / or Bing) account to my new agency?
- If you offer call tracking, do I get to keep my business’s phone numbers? If not, what happens to those tracking phone numbers after we part ways?
- Will you create any webpages or websites as part of your service? (Be very careful of the agencies that create a copy of your website. This creates “duplicate content” on the web and may hurt your organic rankings.) If you create a new website, who owns the domain – your agency, or my company?
- Will you alter any of my webpages, or any of my online properties like my Facebook page, my Yelp page, my Google My Business account, or any other of my web properties? (If so – red flag. Agencies that alter your online properties can take their tracking phone number and put it all over the web. When someone searches for the name of your business, they may call the agency’s tracking phone number instead of your real phone number and the agency will take credit for that call. These calls are not incremental business for you. We call this tactic “brand theft”.)
- If I’m not happy with the leads I’m getting, can I terminate your PPC management service at anytime? If not, what are your termination terms?
Here are a few links to other PPC Management Pricing pages:
(Please note: These PPC management prices and links are subject to change without our knowledge. These prices do not include the cost of the clicks.)
- Company 1 – $2000+ set-up, $400 / month
- Company 2 – $1000 set-up, $325 / month
- Company 3 – $2000+ / month
- Company 4 – $1900+ / month
- Company 5 – $750 / month
Why are Third Marble’s PPC Management Fees so Low?
Simple – we focus on the 80/20 Rule. Since Google will get you 80% of the results with 20% of the effort, we stick with Google AdWords. Less work, easier reporting, more results. Since we don’t run large national e-commerce campaigns with 1000’s of products that constantly change, multiple platforms and complicated reporting, you’re not paying for all that overhead and unnecessary work. The average small, local business owner doesn’t need that level of PPC management.
We keep it simple and focused.
You want your website to show up on page one of Google when someone near you googles your services. We get it.
We hope this helps! If you have any questions about our PPC management pricing, please call or email us.
Need Help Getting Found Online?
Call Us Today:
Or We Can Call You Later: