Facebook SEO Tip – Unlock the SEO Blockers in Your Profile
There are settings that may be blocking your Facebook SEO. Learn how to unblock them in just a few minutes.
Facebook has settings for your personal profile and your business profile. To follow these steps, you must log-in to Facebook as the person that is the administrative owner of your business page first. Then follow these instructions.
Steps to Unlocking Facebook SEO:
- Log in as the Admin.
- Hover over the “Privacy Shortcuts” icon (black lock with three line).
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Click on “Privacy” on the left (see screenshot).
- Under “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile” click Edit.
- Check the box next to “Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile.”
Check Your Facebook SEO Settings for Country and Age Restrictions
Next, check your country and age restrictions. Since the GoogleBots don’t really come from a country, and Facebook doesn’t know the GoogleBot’s age, incorrect settings will inadvertently block the GoogleBotsfrom crawling your Facebook pages.
Steps to Allow GoogleBots to See Your Facebook Pages:
- Login as your page’s Admin.
- Go to your business page.
- Click “Settings” in the upper right.
- Click on the “General” tab on the left.
- Go to the “Country Restrictions” settings and click “Edit”.
- Delete all the countries and save.
- Go to the “Age Restrictions” settings and click “Edit”.
- Select “Anyone (13+) and save.
Why is this important for your Facebook SEO?
Google likes the Facebook data. Your Facebook business page contains what is called a “citation”, which is basically your business’s Name, Address and Phone Number (Read more about citations and SEO here.) The more citations Google finds, the better. However, not all citation are created equal. Facebook is one of the most powerful citations, so following the above steps is fairly important to help people find your business.
We hope this helps!
Need Help Getting Found Online?
Call Us Today:
Or We Can Call You Later: